Tuesday 11 September 2007

Remember when....assignment #5

Calvin and Hobbes is my favorite comic book series. I remember when I was about eight I got my first Calvin and Hobbes comic book. I enjoyed reading the comics so much that I started collecting them. Now I have five or six Calvin and Hobbes books. The funniest comics I can remember are the many times Calvin gets into fights with his babysitter. Calvin purposely harasses the babysitter which leads to their numerous arguments. I enjoyed how Calvin would always argue with his babysitter to stay up later or watch more TV. Some other scenes that I found amusing were the scenes when Calvin would fight with his classmate Susie. Whenever Calvin is at school, he is always trying to find a way to get Susie in trouble. Calvin hates Susie because she is smart and he is not. I liked Calvin's mean tricks and lazy behavior. When I was younger, I hated reading. Calvin and Hobbes was an excuse that I used on my parents to tell them that I was productively reading.

No comments: