Thursday 30 August 2007

Paradoxical experiences

Two of my favorite school sports are cross country and soccer. I enjoy competing in races and games. On the other hand, I hate training. Whenever I am at practice, I find myself complaining. I always feel like quitting. This situation is paradoxical because I love and hate the sport. Another paradoxical situation is when I have to prepare for a test. I hate studying. I reassure myself that once the test is over, I will feel great. If I could get this one test over with, my life would be so much better. However, after I finish my test, I usually don’t feel so great. I am usually worrying about my grade and wishing that I had studied more. During the school week, I measure my life through my work and how close the day is to Friday. My daily life feels complete once my classes are over and my homework is done. My life gets better as the days get closer to Friday.

No comments: